3 Years (full time course) Mode of Selection: All India Joint Entrance Exam.Qualification: Passed in Class XII of 10+2 system or equivalent
About the Course
The Bachelor of Science program in Hospitality and Hotel Administration is offered jointly by the National Council for Hotel Management and the Indira Gandhi National Open University. The Three-Year (Six Semester) full time regular course equips students with all the required skills, knowledge and attitude to efficiently discharge supervisory responsibilities in the Hospitality sector. The program also involves in-depth laboratory work for students to acquire required knowledge and skill standards in the operational areas of Food Production, Food ; Beverage Service, Front Office Operation and House Keeping. It also provides managerial inputs in Hotel Accountancy, Food Safety ; Quality, Human Resource Management, Facility Planning, Financial Management, Strategic Management, Tourism Marketing and Tourism Management. National Council for Hotel Management; Catering Technology (NCHMCT) is an autonomous body under Ministry of Tourism, Government of India. The Council centrally regulates academics for B.Sc. Hospitality and Hotel Administration; Hotel Administration.
Career Opportunities for Hospitality & Hotel Management Graduates
Global growth and development of tourism have opened up innumerable avenues for employment. As a result, the graduating students can look forward to career opportunities as
- Management Trainee in Hotel and allied hospitality industry;
- Kitchen Management/Housekeeping Management positions in Hotels after initial stint as trainee;
- Flight Kitchens and on-board flight services.
- Indian Navy Hospitality services
- Guest/Customer Relation Executive in Hotel and other Service Sectors.
- Management Trainee/Executive in international and national fast food chains.
- Hospital and Institutional Catering
- Faculty in Hotel Management/Food Craft Institutes
- Shipping and Cruise lines
- Marketing/Sales Executive in Hotel and other Service Sectors.
- State Tourism Development Corporations
- Resort Management
- Self-employment through entrepreneurship and
- Multinational companies for their hospitality services
- About 80% of the graduates are employed by Hospitality and other service sectors through on-campus and off-campus recruitment processes.
DIPLOMA IN FOOD PRODUCTION
Diploma in Food Production
About the Course:- As per surveys conducted to assess requirement of trained manpower for the hospitality sector, it has been established there is greater demand for skilled manpower rather than for managers. All the hospitality organisations be it a hotel, restaurant, fast food outlet, resort, railways, airlines, cruise liners and other allied industries, all require trained personnel to man their operations. The National Council for Hotel Management offers diploma to cater to the needs of such establishments which are popular with the student community as it guarantees them jobs in the hospitality industry immediately on completion.
It is open to 12th pass students of +2 system who must have studied English language as one of the subjects. The Course duration is for 36 weeks followed by 24 weeks of Industrial Training. Currently the courses are offered under annual examination system comprising term end examinations at end of the year. Institutes also conduct mid-term examinations comprising theory and practicals. Applications are invited by individual affiliated Institute of Hotel Management through advertisement in leading local newspapers released during the month of June each year and selection made through a transparent selection process. Diploma program equips students in the basic areas of specialization and institutes provide hands on training to students in the institute kitchens and laboratories.
The program should enable the students to be able to pursue career in any one of the following different options:
- Managerial positions in Hospitality Industry
- Property Development Consultants
- Teaching positions in Hospitality Education
- Career options in Sales & Marketing or Human Resources Department
Industries in which students can work
Travel & Tourism
Entertainment & Recreation
Foods & Beverages
On the basis of assignments per subject and term-end examination. Term end Examination is Paper pen based and is conducted Pan India.
Upon successful completion on all semesters, the post graduate diploma in Hospitality Management will be awarded by MLRSM. Approved by AICTE Government of India, New Delhi.